Monday, September 22, 2008

A weekend gone awry ... !!

One of my worst weekends.

There were 2 activities planned, one each on both days. We were supposed to meet Amol and Renuka and present them with their wedding frame (gosh, they got married in Jan and its September now ... talk about Indian Standard Time ...). They cordially invited everyone involved to their place in Sanghvi for lunch and some casual fun (banter?).

I am convinced that the fun and joy you experience with one set of people may not seem like a FUN and JOY to a bigger set of people. I think I am thoroughly ashamed at the ruckus caused that afternoon (without going into the details). Yes, I am speaking only for myself. We still enjoyed, pulled each other's legs, played DC and had delicious food but our so called NORMAL FUN ROUTINE isn't something to write home about. At some point, I personally felt I disrespected the hosts. I am not sure if an APOLOGY (I have started hating the term SORRY even more) is going to act as a glue and I wont be surprised if I am not invited again. Sorry (there I go again) folks ... !!

Sunday followed a similar script of disappointment. We had planned to go to Thosegar. All throughout the day, it was extremely warm and sunny which irritated us no end. Plus, the road to Thosegar was broken in between. We had to board a ST to reach Thosegar. Though the falls were great as always, it looked like a different place due to the sunny atmosphere. We dropped our plan to go to Kaas and then trudged home at around 7 pm. The only saving grace was playing cards till about 11 pm (and I loved the game "Minimum"). I also saw the last day of the Ryder Cup.

But there was enough damage done. It will take something to beat this horrible weekend. Lots of lessons to be learnt and lot of soul searching in the offing. It will take some time to heal.

Cheers ... !!

3 comments:

Mohsin said...

my story differs in details only..
lekin ab jo ho gaya so ho gaya..
agla weekend pas me hi hai, tension mat le..
(han wo sorry wali bat pe sochana chahiye tere ko (aisa lagta hai mere ko)..)

Charuta said...

this has happened with me too..with close frnds sometimes "maskari" to "kuskari" line is very thin..what works for me better than a verbal apology is making it a point by ur changed behaviour. frnds are dildaar enuf to know that ur making an apology n things get ok.

vivek said...

Kaise karte ho yaar tum, matlab ....kaise karte ho???[:D]