Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Ganpati maazha naachat aala ... !!



Yes, its that time of the year. The Elephant God spares some time from his busy schedule (read eating modaks, durva, bananas,etc and riding his mooshak) and spends some time with his devotees. Not that I am die hard worshiper of God but its something I look forward to every monsoon ever since I was 6 years old. I got my first Ganesh idol for a whopping Rs. 3.50. I was a rich man then ;)

My company managed to surprise me once again (wonder when these negative surprises will cease to exist !!) by not offering us a holiday. Kudos to them. A JOB well done. Anyway, we had booked our Ganpati idol (from a stall outside our housing society) over the weekend itself . It is a Orange+Yellow combo, more commonly called in Marathi as "S(h)enduri". This saved us from a trip down to the city which irritated the hell out of us every year.

Biwi and I decorated the platform on which our 2 Ganpati idols (Yes, we have 2 idols every year for 10 days. The first one is from last year and the second is the new one that we get. Visarjan is for the Ganpati from last year.). Though, Biwi will vouch for the fact that I hardly did anything :).










So we brought Bappa home with just the 2 of us participating towards the fanfare with chants of "Ganpati Bappa Morya, Mangalmurti Morya". The idol looked great and the 2 idols were complimenting each other well. One purple and the other S(h)enduri.





After we performed "aarti", I somehow wanted to bunk office and rejoice Bappa's homecoming. But alas, it is not that easy. But the next 10 days will be a joy.

GANPATI BAPPA MORYA ... MANGALMURTI MORYA ... !!









Cheers ... !!

No comments: