Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Stroll ... !!

Its overcast all of a sudden here in Malmo. It reminds me of the time I actually landed in this city in January. There was bright sunshine for close to 2 weeks but it has become drowsy again ... I mean the weather ...

Kunal (my roomie) went back to India this morning to be there for this sister's wedding. We have a 4 day weekend starting today. I went with him to drop him off till the Central at 0715. After his train to Copenhagen departed ... I went back to the bus stop to board any of the number 8s, 2s or 7s ... but the first bus was in 11 minutes ... hell crap ... lets go walking methinks ...

Its a straight path from the Central to our hotel unlike the bus route which meanders around the city.

It was only after 5 minutes of walking that I realised that there are not a lot of people on the street. It was almost pin drop silence at 8 am on a Thursday (Yes, it was a holiday). It was now that I started counting the number of people I see (I counted a moving vehicle as 1). When I was done with the 3 km distance ... the count stood at 59 ...

Yeah ... they do take their holidays seriously here ... :P

P.S: There is a fountain on the way that you can control on your own. Each pipe in the fountain has a corresponding button outside ... and anyone can press any of the buttons to get the ripple effect ... slick ... and I discovered this one week away from my departure to India :P

Cheers ... !!

1 comment:

Prameela said...

Your blogs about this place makes me want to visit it all the more..keep them coming more frequently now that you are almost gonna come back :)