Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Nayi Shuruwaat ... !!

I guess that's the first Hindi title that I have used? No? I am not sure. I have used a Spanish one I suppose. Drop it.

Yeah ... a new start. A new place comes with its baggage. Some of it is good ... some not so good. Pretty much in line with most things in life. I have never had a more topsy-turvy 40 days in my life so far and I am hoping I never have one in future. Never say never they say. Alas ...

So a new company eh? Tieto ... short for TietoEnator ... OK ... before anyone wonders what it means ... it means Knowledge in Finnish ... why Finnish? ... its a company based in Finland and getting most of its development off-shored to Pune ...

Adjusting to a bigger company (compared to AT) has been a pain ... on the first day I felt like a little boy stripped of his candy ... bemused by the everyday work process of a large company ... why the hell do I need to spend 10 minutes for parking everyday? Bidding for parkings? Do hell with you ...

But there were lots of such things that made me look like that candy-lost-guy ... er ... kid ...

It takes far lesser time to climb 8 floors than in the lift ... the lift gets suffocated with the different perfumes and deos ... I thought fragrance was always good ... I dont approve of it anymore ...

What all do I need to do to get inside? Photo ID, Access Card, Fingerprints ... plus the Photo ID always has to be on display and not in your pocket ... I remember my AT photo ID locked up in the cupboard in the hall of my place ... people used to look at it and say "Aah ... yeh hai aapka beta ... bohot bada ho gaya hai" ... a sign that I was hardly at home when people visited us ... :P

The toilet (I somehow dont like the term "Washroom") is like entering Ramsay territory ... if you have just been to a brightly lit area before entering the toilet then be prepared ... its like the deepest of dungeons ... pitch dark ... or atleast it looks that way when you enter it ... there are these strange bright RED and GREEN lights that keep changing from RED to GREEN and back ... peace of mind I say ... I need peace of mind when I am releasing something that's not good to keep in my body ...

A gazillion processes ... if I have to get something reimbursed I have to do a million things ... I dont need no reimbursement now ... aah ... I speak like an American ... Amrriikkka ki to $#@ ki $#@! ... that anger is already vented ... :D

But there is something good to write about too ...

LTA here is non-taxable if you show that you have been on leave for 3 days during the entire year ... great isnt it? ... I mean you dont need to show any kind of bills or proofs ... just be on leave for 3 days during the year ... thats it ... this is amazing ...

Great pantry service ... when I say great ... its actually great ... atleast 3-4 different biscuits to choose from ... a completely functions vending machine ... tea, coffee, soup, milk, hot chocolate ... everything is working always ... a refrigerator in each pantry along with an oven ... and atleast 2 pantries per floor ... I mean I am aware most of this would be common to most companies but it was something new to me ...

The promises made by the people here are actually promises ... kharach ... aai shappat ... :P

The machine was ready at my desk at the time they promised ... fully configured ... 4GB RAM and 150 GB space ... whoa ... nothing is blocked here ... there is no firewall as such ... but you are allowed to use only Microsoft stuff like IE and not Chrome ... :( ... but theek hai ... no issues ... MS Communicator is a means of communication ... there is no restriction on Messengers as such but they dont encourage it ... every machine has a multi-purpose telephone and Mic ... wonderful ...

The seating arrangement is very open ... there is no cubicle as such ... there are cubicle arrangements but they lack in height ... so you cant call it cubicle as such ... the entire floor is a mix of Pink, Blue, light Green and Orange ...

You get reimbursement if you buy clothes for yourself :P ... its called Attire allowance ... never heard that before ... you get reimbursement if you buy books for yourself ... I mean technical books and not novels :)

The last thing ... something not so good ... no maternity expenses cover in Medical insurance ... sob sob ...

aisi kaafi cheezein hai ... so a mix of good and bad ... but a new experience ...

Lets see what the future has in store ... Aa Dekhen Zara ... Cheers ... !!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey hey nice one..enjoy the new world. Whats most imp. is that u didnt let probably one of the biggest disappointments you had to encounter so far, bog you down. Im sure it would do your self-confidence also wonders in the longer run :) Cheers!!

Unknown said...

wow! reimbursements fr clothes..:) i read it as chocolates first ;)

nice ya..enjoy! keep us updated :)

Sabhtarsha said...

great dude...
kuch jo accha hai.. wo sach much bahut accha hia..
I can understand wo itana accha kyu laga.. from the time we left PSPL we used to just listen to this kinda stuff about other offices, and use to say.. chhod na .. apane yaha yeh sab nahi raha to kya hua.. accha kaam hai..(sour grapes :P) I hope your new endeavour (ya jo kuch hai) adds on to your WISDOM :)

Amit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amit said...

c'mon the baggage always seems heavy at the beginning but later seems lighter, even to notice...

All the best mate!!

Vikash Kumar said...

waah waah.. LTA rule and Attire allowance toh amazing hai be.. maine bhi nahi suna tha aisa kabhi :D.. Looks like a good place overall.. aish karo :)

Vikash Kumar said...

By the way.. in the title.. I guess the it should be "Shuruaat" without a W in it.

Kuch Is Tarah... said...

Good yaar... aish kar... BTW all the best for your new shuruwaat...oops...Shuruaat :P