Thursday, October 01, 2009

WFH ... WTF ... !!

What prompted me to write about this?

Well, I am working from home (it took me a long time to realise that WFH actually means working from home) and suddenly it feels like its not that big a deal afterall ... I mean I was looking forward to it with bated breath coz I have heard such a lot of stuff about this phenomenon that it excited me a great deal ...

I do agree that WFH has perks and it should be experienced at some point in time ... but I found myself missing office while at home ...

The boon ...
I dont have to have a bath to start working ... this is like ... VOILA ... :)
Due to this ... I can get up just around 10-15 minutes before I intend to start working ...
I get home made sizzling hot food ... for breakfast, lunch and snacks ... peace ...
I get to play carrom with Dad ... 
No meetings ... yaay ... ;)
I dont need to login to Moneycontrol ... CNBC is so much better ...

The bane ...
The biggest drawback is that I miss the office atmosphere ... there are not a lot of people to pull their leg ;)
I miss the sweets that people bring almost every morning ...
VPN makes the intranet all the more slow to traverse ... dratch ... :(
No free telephone calls ... not that I make a lot of them but still ...
No group discussion on the stock market state for the day ... this is a killer ...
Those TT sessions ... :(
The umpteen rides to PD, KNP, Good Luck or Santosh Bakery ... this is quite a lot I am talking about food wise ... I mean Anda rice, Vada Pav, Anna ki Chaay, Basundi Chaay, Limbu Sarbat, hot Veg Puffs, Vaati Cakes and the all time favorite Bun Maska ...

I am sure there is lot more to this than I have realised in my first 2 hours of WFH ...

and I still maintain ... idling in office is much better than working from home ... so much for the experience ... 

Cheers ... !!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

im sure...if im at home..i canNOT work :D

Mohsin said...

abe wfh bole to leave hi hota hai..

Sabhtarsha said...

Interesting.. is mudde par gaur kiya jayega.. lekin tab jab mai khup WFH karunga..
tab tak..takhliya ..

Vikash Kumar said...

Precisely the reasons WFH should be an option.. I have benefited a lot by WFH when my family had visited me here or when I couldn't walk because of an accident. But yes it's not a thing which we can do all the time.. it will get to you.. going to office has its own advantages :)

Kuch Is Tarah... said...

Sahi hai yaar full aish kiya tune to :) Mere ko to option hi nahi hai :(