Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wishes ... !!

A year wiser? I doubt that ... a year older? I more than vouch for that ...

As has become a ritual with me ... I spent my birthday away from work ... and with my family ... and more importantly ... at HOME ... doing stuff that I like a lot ...

Well ... I am almost at the footsteps of an age which is described as VETERAN in cricketing terminology ... it just feels like yesterday that the TEENS deserted me ... and here I am staring at the wrong end of the TWENTIES ... I have started inviting stares from people who are not a lot older than me and I still find it convenient to call them UNCLE ... and I am getting used to the fact that more and more teenagers are calling me UNCLE ... :) ... call that a residue of age ...

So it was nice to sit in front of the TV the entire day ... watch IPL ... gorge on Mangoes ... swim ... chat on Yahoo to absolute strangers ... sleep (in all its splendor) ... and finally have a 4 course HOMELY LUNCH ...

people who matter ... wished ... Biwi decorated our room ... Dinesh and Prakash gave a nice gift ... and all 3 made it a point to come back from office early ... so that we could have a good evening ... Chocolate cake from Copper Chocs never disappoints ... couple that with a quiet dinner at Signature ... and a prank hour (with target as Prakash) ... some chatter about out trip to Sangaon in a couple of days time ... and finally some more chatter while lazying in the society garden ... till 3 in the morning ... thats more than handy recipe for a good old fashioned Birthday ...

Happy Birthday Pratik Omprakash Beri ... some things in life are priceless ... for all others ... you need MONEY ... ;)

Cheers ... !!

1 comment:

Charuta said...

Many Happy Returns of the year ahead and all your wishes come true frm a fellow Taurean!
n yes, i have alrdy taken a leave next week ;)